September 2017 Newsletter
Posted by Brian Hudson on 27/09/2017 16:53
GCCL – Newsletter to Clubs – September 2017
This newsletter records the key points from the County League Committee meeting on September 25.
Following a season blessed with fine weather Saturdays, this meeting was mainly about signing off promotion and relegation and preparations for the Annual General Meeting.
Promotion and Relegation
To confirm, taking account of three teams being relegated from WEPL, Chipping Campden CC 1st XI joining Division 3 and three teams being promoted from the District League, it will be:
- 2 up/3 down for Divisions 1 and 2, with Gloucester City Winget 2nd XI relegated to Division 4 for disciplinary reasons
- 2 up/3 down for Division 3
- 2 up/4 down for Divisions 4 to 6
- 2up/5 down for Division 7.
As soon as play-cricket is available, Fixture Secretary Eddie Baker will set up the 2018 divisions and produce the season’s fixtures. Please contact Eddie as soon as possible if there are any Saturdays that your club is not able to host a home fixture.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday October 24 at Hatherley & Reddings CC. League Secretary Dan Clarke will be distributing the calling notice and agenda.
As well as the normal business of League officers’ reports, election of the 2017/18 committee and voting on rule changes there will be short sessions on Umpiring with GACUS and from the new League sponsor Greene King on the help that they can provide to clubs. As usual attendance by all 2018 teams is mandatory and, in view of the additional sessions, it is important that the key people from clubs are present.
This year, the League Dinner is being organised by Division 3 Representative, Chris Young.
The format of the evening and the cost will be similar to 2016:
- Venue – Cheltenham Civil Service CC
- Date - Friday November 17
- Time – 7pm for 7:30
- Menu – Supreme of chicken, stuffed with smoked cheese and wrapped with smoked bacon and served in a BBQ sauce with a selection of vegetables and potato, followed by Chocolate fudge cake served with double cream
- Cost – £16.50
- As in previous years, it is anticipated that a Gloucestershire player will be present to be interviewed by Luke Sellers and present the trophies.
Places can only be secured by emailing Chris (email@example.com). As usual, all teams will be invoiced for two places and it will be very helpful if they could let Chris now if they are not planning to take them up.
A reminder that the League communicates with club officers via the new play-cricket Club Contacts module and so therefore the “About Us” and “Team Contact” data need to always up to date as described at http://gloucestershireccl.play-cricket.com/website/articles/17488
An “all season” GCCL-only Honours Board has been posted on the Home Page of the League website.
The dates and venues for the three core “Introduction to Umpiring” courses have been confirmed:
- Monday April 9th - West of Severn (Venue to be confirmed) 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Wednesday April 4th at Cirencester CC 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Monday April 23rd at Upton St.Leonards CC 6.30pm-9.30pm
In addition, Fairford CC is hosting a course – Date to be confirmed. This is mainly for club members, but other attendees will be welcome. If any other club wishes to host an in-house course, please contact Peter Sawyer at GACUS.
Very many thanks to all the clubs that are hosting courses.
Bookings can be made with Peter Sawyer (See the “About Us” page on http://www.glosumps.org.uk/).
The League “Requirements” spreadsheet at http://www.gccl.org.uk/Ump Oct 2016.htm will be updated after the AGM.
Facilities and Fair Play Scores
The 2018 Facilities and Fair Play scores are posted at http://gloucestershireccl.play-cricket.com/website/articles/19064 If anyone has any questions, please contact Paul Brooke or Kevin Smart.