Post SGM Newsletter
Posted by Brian Hudson on 04/05/2017 16:30
GCCL – Newsletter to Clubs – Post SGM 2017
This newsletter records the key points from the County League SGM and Captains’ Briefing on April 25. Thank you very much to everyone who attended and for their constructive contributions.
At the time of writing the forecast for Saturday is very reasonable. Your Committee hopes that your season gets off to a good start and is both successful and enjoyable.
Rule Changes approved
- Rule 4 - Clubs’ play-cricket “About Us” to be up to date at all times because this will be the method for the League’s communication with clubs
- Rule 6 - Copies of the League rules to be made accessible either electronically or hard copy by the home team at all matches
- Rule 8(f) - A change to the Overseas Player rule to change it to that widely used by other leagues – Each team to include a minimum of nine players registered as Category 1 and no more than one each of Category 3 (Overseas) and Category 3E (Overseas Exempt)
- Rule 12(f) - Leg side wides, using the WEPL rule, to be adopted in Divisions 1 to 4.
The League Handbook has been updated.
Key announcements at the SGM
- Chipping Campden CC will be joining Division 3 for the 2018. The relegation indicator on play-cricket league tables will be updated for Divisions 3 to 7
- Key changes for 2017:
- Registrations to be requested by 19:00 Monday
- Play-cricket changes – Facilities and Fair Play reports to be sent via the system and Bonus Points will be calculated automatically
- Minimum overs now 20, with amended rain rules
- Rules/Handbook only on-line, with a spreadsheet of match day contacts sent to clubs
- Over rate penalties in matches with appointed umpires
- The “Surrey League rule” was explained. The League Committee can introduce rule changes, but they can only operate for one year before being voted on at an AGM. Clubs were asked to consider this during the season and feedback so that a decision can be made on putting a proposition to the AGM in October
The key messages from the GACUS sessions have been posted at http://gloucestershireccl.play-cricket.com/website/articles/18063 and http://gloucestershireccl.play-cricket.com/website/articles/18064. Thank you very much to Clive Jones, Bob Owen and Peter Sawyer. There are words there that clubs can act on immediately. Your League Committee will be reviewing the papers in detail to look for any changes that can be either implemented quickly or put to October’s AGM.
The three GACUS Principles discussed with the Division 1 and 2 captains are posted in the top right hand corner of the website home page along with other key Match Day information. Also there, as suggested by one of the League’s clubs is an algorithm to assist non-appointed umpires with adjudication of LBW decisions.
Thank you very much to all the clubs that hosted and/or sent delegates to the Officials Courses. Very grateful thanks too to GACUS for organising and running the courses.
The League already has the details of attendees at Umpiring and Scoring courses and http://www.gccl.org.uk/ump2017.htm will be shortly.
Scorer of the Year
Congratulations to Kate Edgington of Westbury-on-Severn CC who has won the GACUS Derek Hibbs trophy for Scorer of the Year for the second year running. The competition includes scorers in WEPL as well as those in Divisions 1 and 2 of the County League. The photograph below shows Kate being presented with her trophies by GCB chairman, Peter Jubb.
Bank House Stumps
There is a limited supply of spare stumps to replace any that are broken. Please contact Brian Hudson.